The Northeast is a must-visit for anyone who wants to get a glimpse of some of the most iconic places in the U.S. Whether you’re planning a road trip in an RV rental or will be visiting the area for just a few days, there is one place that is worth your time.
Boston may not be as popular as it’s nearby neighbor NYC, but it has its own unique charm and is worth visiting at least once. If you have yet to visit this beautiful city, then make sure to put it on your bucket list.
If it’s your first time planning on visiting Boston, you may be clueless on where to start and what to plan. To help you plan your trip and ensure that you get the most out of it, you may appreciate the following ideas for first-time visitors to Boston:
- Make sure to enjoy some New England clam chowder and lobster while in Boston. You may not be an avid foodie, but you should still take some time to appreciate a classic meal in Boston. Boston is well-known for being one of the best U.S. destinations for seafood and they definitely do lobster and NE clam chowder the best. Unless you have allergies, don’t miss out on chowing down on this Bostonite staple.
- If the weather permits it, don’t miss out on spending time on the Charles river. If you like being out on the water for a refreshing experience every now and then, the Charles River is an ideal place for you to visit during the spring or summer. Whether you choose to kayak down the river at your pace or give paddle boarding a go, it’s a great way to spend time outside while in Boston. If the weather is too chilly to be on water while you’re in town, go running on the Esplanade path.
- Visit ALL the museums. Well, you may not be interested in visiting all of the museums, but if you like seeing museums in the places that you visit, then rest assured that Boston has plenty of them for you to choose from. From the Museum of Fine Arts to the Museum of Science, there are several for you to choose from.
- There is so much history to learn about in Boston. If you’re a history buff, you’ll appreciate what Boston has to offer in the way of historical sites. From the Paul Revere House to the Old State House and the Granary Burying Ground, there are several places that are worth taking time to see while in town. You’ll probably learn things about American history that you never knew before.
Tips For A Well-Planned Visit
To ensure that your trip to Boston is one that you’ll enjoy, follow the tips below for an unforgettable experience:
- Consider hiring a guided walking tour from any of the companies that offer them. Some charge a set price while others simply work off tips. While you could walk the city yourself and see a lot of places, it will probably be more interesting learning the history from an experienced individual.
- Book your tickets early for a land and water tour that can be done with various companies or consider a trolley tour. Because this kind of thing is popular with visitors, you’ll want to have it booked before you show up to ensure that you get a place for you and yours.
- Consider going to a sports event while in town. Whether you like hockey, basketball, or baseball, there should be a game that you can catch while in Boston. Just make sure to look into buying ticket sahead of time so you can be sure to find good seats.
- Don’t forget to reserve a special meal at one of Boston’s great restaurants. NYC may boast of an array of trendy places to go, but so does Boston and you don’t want to miss out.
Whether you want to visit Boston for it’s history or simply because it’s a beautiful city, you can be sure that it will be a rewarding experience. As long as you prepare a bit beforehand, you should be able to enjoy all the many wonderful places and things to do in this historical spot.
Boston is a place that you can visit with kids or enjoy visiting alone. From parks to museums, water fun, and interesting historical locations, there is nothing boring about a visit to Boston.
If you’re already planning a road trip in the north in an RV rental, make sure to include Boston as one of your destinations. Follow the above tips and consider visiting the above sites and most of all, don’t forget to enjoy yourself. Boston is a great city with welcoming people and you’ll be sure to have a good time.